- 4 Cups of flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 4 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 Tbs Yeast
- 2 Eggs + 1 more for Egg wash
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Warm Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar + 2 Tsp for proofing the Yeast
Dissolve the Yeast and Sugar in the warm milk
In another Bowl, mix the butter and eggs and set aside
In a large Bowl, mix the flour, salt and sugar, add the yeast, egg and butter mixture and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about ten minutes by hand or seven minutes with a mixer until it’s smooth and elastic.
Place the dough inside a very large oiled Bowl (make sure you smear some oil on the surface of the dough) and leave to rise in a warm place for about one hour or till the size doubles.
Deflate the dough, and turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 8 to 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls.
7. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
8. Whisk an egg add a Tbsp of water/oil to brush the surface of the bread rolls.
9. Place in a 425 degrees preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.